Shell Spirax S6 GME 40- 5 GALLON PAILS
Synthetic Transmission Fluid
Spirax S6 GME 40 Synthetic transmission fluid is a specially formulated synthetic lubricant designed for extended drain intervals and severe service in heavy duty commercial vehicle transmissions which require a non-EP transmission lubricant. It is specially formulated to protect higher torque transmissions coupled with increased
horsepower engines. It is approved for use in Eaton transmissions such as Ultrashift Plus, Fuller Advantage, FR and RT Series transmissions.
Performance, Features & Benefits Spirax S6 GME 40 is uniquely formulated to provide up to 1.5 % fuel economy improvement while maintaining excellent shear stability compared to the prior generation Spirax S6 GME 50.
· Spirax S6 GME 40 provides high performance and extended drain capabilities in transmissions up to 500,000 miles in Eaton transmissions.
· Spirax S6 GME 40 has excellent thermal and oxidation stability which resists deposit and sludge formation.
· The advanced additive system in Spirax S6 GME 40 provides excellent protection from corrosion, foaming, rust, and wear.
· The use of high viscosity index synthetic base fluids allows Spirax S6 GME 40 to provide excellent high and low temperature performance and superior low temperature flow compared to the prior generation Spirax S6 GME 50.
· Spirax S6 GME 40 provides friction retention, friction durability, and excellent shear stability to help ensure and maintain smooth transmission operations throughout the extended drain interval.
· Spirax S6 GME 40 is formulated to help reduce sump operating temperatures.
Main Applications Spirax S6 GME 40 Synthetic transmission fluid is recommended where wear, low temperatures or heat present major problems and a non-EP lubricant is required. Typical usage includes transmissions, transfer cases, and wheel end hubs. Recommended commercial vehicle applications include line haul, vocational, off-road, pick-up and delivery, and buses.
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations Spirax S6 GME 40 Synthetic transmission fluid is approved for these OEM specifications:
Eaton PS-386 (replaces Eaton PS 164, Rev. 7)
· Con Met
· Meritor Specification O-81
· API MT-1 ·
For a full listing of equipment approvals and recommendations, please consult your local Shell Technical Helpdesk.