Shell Tellus S2 MX 100 Hydraulic Fluid - 55 Gallon Drum
Shell Tellus S2 MX 100 is a high performance industrial hydraulic fluid that use Shell's unique patented technology to provide outstanding protection and performance in most manufacturing and many mobile equipment operations. They resist breakdown under heat or mechanical stress and help prevent damaging deposit formation that can decrease the efficiency of your hydraulic power system.
Long fluid lifeæ maintenance saving Shell Tellus S2 MX 100 fluids help extend equipment maintenance intervals by resisting thermal and chemical breakdown. This minimizes sludge formation and provides excellent performance in the industry standard ASTM D943 TOST test (Turbine Oil Stability Test), providing better reliability and system cleanliness. Shell Tellus S2 MX 100 fluids also have good stability in the presence of moisture, which ensures long fluid life and reduces the risk of corrosion and rusting, particularly in moist or humid environments.
Outstanding wear protection Proven zinc-based anti-wear additives are incorporated to be effective throughout the range of operating conditions, including low load and severe duty high load conditions. Outstanding performance in a range of piston and vane pump tests, including the tough Denison T6C (dry and wet versions) and the demanding Vickers 35VQ25, demonstrates how Shell Tellus S2 MX fluids can help system components last longer.
Maintaining system efficiency Superior cleanliness, excellent filterability and high performance water separation, air release and antifoam characteristics all help contribute to maintaining or enhancing the efficiency of hydraulic systems. The unique additive system in Shell Tellus S2 MX 100, in combination with superior cleanliness (meeting the requirements of ISO 4406 21/19/16 class or better ex Shell plant filling lines as recognized by DIN 51524 specification, the oil is exposed to various influences with transport and storage that could effect the cleanliness level), helps reduce the impact of contaminants on filter blocking, allowing both extended filter life and use of finer filtration for extra equipment protection. Shell Tellus S2 M 100 fluids are formulated for fast air release without excessive foaming to help efficient hydraulic power transfer and minimize fluid and equipment impacts of cavitation induced oxidation that can shorten fluid life.æ
- Industrial hydraulic systems
- With an extensive range of equipment maker approvals and recommendations, Shell Tellus S2 MX fluids are suitable for a wide range of hydraulic power applications found in manufacturing and industrial environments.
- Mobile hydraulic fluid power transmission systems Shell Tellus S2 MX fluids can be used effectively in mobile hydraulic power applications such as excavators and cranes, except where significant ambient temperature variations are encountered. For these applications we recommend the Shell Tellus series.
Marine hydraulic systems
Suitable for marine applications where ISO HM category hydraulic fluids are recommended.æ
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations
For additional questions regarding equipment approvals and recommendations, please consult your local Shell Technical Helpdesk, or the OEM Approvals website.Compatibility & Miscibility
- Compatibility Shell Tellus S2 MX fluids are suitable for use with most hydraulic pumps. However, please consult your Shell Representative before using in pumps containing silver plated components.
- Fluid Compatibility Shell Tellus S2 MX fluids are compatible with most other mineral oil based hydraulic fluids. However, mineral oil hydraulic fluids should not be mixed with other fluid types (e.g. environmentally acceptable or fire resistant fluids).
- Seal & Paint Compatibility Shell Tellus S2 MX fluids are compatible with seal materials and paints normally specified for use with mineral oils.
- Product Specs
- Industrial hydraulic systems
- Mobile hydraulic fluid power transmission systems
- Marine hydraulic systems
AvailabilityShips within 24 hours
ColourASTM D1500: L0.5
Compatibility & Miscibility
- Suitable for most hydraulic pumps
- Compatible with most mineral oil based hydraulic fluids
- Compatible with seal materials and paints used w/mineral oils
ContentsShell Tellus S2 MX 100 Hydraulic Fluid
Density @ 15°CISO 12185: 0.870
Flash Point (COC)ISO 2592: 240
ISO Fluid TypeHM
Kinematic Viscosity @ 0°CASTM D445: 1800
Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°CASTM D445: 11.7
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°CASTM D445: 100
Package Size55 Gallon Drum
Pour PointISO 3016: -24
- Long oil life
- Extra wear protection
- Maintain system efficiency
- Industrial applications
Specifications & Approvals
- Eaton E-FDGN-TB002-E
- ISO 11158 (HM fluids)
- DIN 51524 Part 2 HLP type
- ASTM D6158-05 (HM fluids)
TOST LifeASTM D943: 5000
Viscosity IndexISO 2909: 105
Water SeparationASTM D1401: 20
Weight (Per Package)55 Gallons