Mobilgear SHC 6800 Gear Oil- 55-Gallon Drum
The Mobil SHC Gear 6800 lubricant is a supreme performance heavy-duty gear oil primarily designed for all kinds of enclosed gearing as well as plain and rolling element bearings. Mobil SHC 6800 is designed to provide outstanding service in terms of equipment protection, oil life, and problem-free operation enabling increased customer productivity. It's formulated from synthetic base fluids that have exceptional oxidation and thermal properties and excellent low-temperature fluidity. The combination of a naturally high viscosity index and a unique additive system enables these products to provide outstanding performance under severe high and low temperature operating conditions. The nature of the synthetic base fluids also contributes to the products' excellent low-temperature performance. They have excellent protection against gear scuffing and resistance to shock loading. The synthetic base stocks have inherently low traction properties that result in low fluid friction in the load zone of non-conforming surfaces such as gears and rolling element bearings. Reduced fluid friction produces lower operating temperatures and improved gear efficiency.
The Mobil SHC 6800 has a very high viscosity and can meet the lubrication needs of very slow speed and high-load/high-temperature gears and bearings;SHC 6800 gear oil is ideal for situations in which conventional products operate in the boundary regime.
Mobil SHC Gear 6800 is the product of choice for many OEMs and customers worldwide based on its wide application range and superb performance in tough situations.
Features and Benefits
Specific features and potential benefits for the Mobil SHC Gear 6800 lubricant include:
- Outstanding load-carrying and antiwear properties
- Very high viscosity grades available, without reduction of properties or performance capability
- High viscosity index
- Low traction properties
- Outstanding thermal/oxidation resistance and long product life
- Light color
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
- Helps extended gear life and reduce maintenance costs
- Provides excellent EHL film protection of gears and bearings even at slow speeds, high loads and high temperatures
- Can be used to convert all-loss systems to circulation
- Can replace grease in some applications resulting in plant product consolidation
- Trouble-free operation over a wide temperature range particularly at extremely low temperatures.
- Can help improved gear efficiency and lower operating temperatures lead to lower operating costs
- Helps reduce lubricant consumption, helps reduce product and change-out costs
- Helps avoid need for gear cleaning prior to inspections, helping to reduce maintenance costs