Shell Spirax S4 AX 85W-140 Heavy Duty Extreme-Pressure Gear Oil - 400 Pound Drum
Shell Spirax HD oils are high performance multigrade extreme-pressure, multipurpose gear lubricants. They are suitable for heavy-duty truck and automotive differentials, manual transmissions and oil lubricated wheel bearings. drive-train gears of heavy-duty automotive, trucking and off-road equipment operated under high-speed/shock load, high-speed/low torque and low-speed/high torque conditions. They meet the requirements of API GL-5 and MIL-PRF-2105E and are available in two SAE viscosity grades: 80W-90 and 85W-140.
400 Pound Drum - Also avaible in BULK.
Protects hypoid gears against wear and scuffing Multi-viscosity for year round use over wide temperature range Contains a sulfur/phosphorus additive system for excellent load carrying capacity Contains additives to inhibit oil oxidation and keep lubricated parts clean Contains inhibitors to protect against corrosion, rust and foaming. Compatible with other automotive gear oils.Applications
- heavy-duty and conventional differentials in heavy and light duty trucks as well as passenger cars
- conventional manual transmissions calling for API GL-5
- heavy-duty manual transmissions requiring API MT-1 (SAE 80W-90)
- hypoid, spur, bevel, helical, spiral-bevel and worm gears in differentials, transmissions, final drives and steering mechanisms
- industrial gears sets where extreme pressure gear oils are required
Note: cars equipped with limited-slip differentials may require a different lubricant specified by the manufacturer, such as Shell Spirax LS.